Django Girls IMO
If you are a woman and want to learn how to make websites, we have good news for you: we are holding a two-days workshop for beginners! You need no prior coding knowledge!
It will take place on 22nd & 23rd september,2023 at laomis suit okigwe Imo state.
There will be an install fest a day before the main workshop at Laomis Suit Okigwe.
We believe the IT industry will greatly benefit from bringing more women into technology. We want to give you an opportunity to learn how to program and become one of us – rockstar programmers!
Friday, 22nd September, 2023
- 16:00 - 19:00 Install Fest (Installation Party).
Saturday 23th September, 2023
- 07:00 Workshop Registration and Breakfast
- 08:15 Introduction to the workshop
- 08:30 Workshop starts
- 12:30 QnA/Panel session with some superwomen in tech
- 13:00 Lunch
- 13:45 Energiser
- 14:00 Workshop continues
- 16:00 Wrap-up, Thanks and Group Pictures!
Do I need to know anything about websites or programming?
No! Workshops are for beginners. You don’t need to know anything about it. However, if you have a little bit of technical knowledge (i.e. you know what HTML or CSS are) you still can apply!
How will the workshop work?
We have a Friday evening installfest to get your computer set up. Then Saturday we'll build a project using Django, HTML & CSS. You'll work in small groups and we'll have plenty of tutors on hand to help if you get stuck.
Should I bring my own laptop?
Yes. We have no hardware, so we expect you to bring your computer with you. It is also important for us that you will take home everything you’ll create during the workshop.
Do I need to have something installed on my laptop?
No! We'll be having a Friday evening installfest with coaches on hand to help.
Is Django Girls for women only?
Men can apply and are welcome at Django Girls events. However, women are given priority.
Is food provided?
Yes. Thanks to our sponsors, snacks and lunch will be served during the workshop.
I don't live in the area, can I attend?
Of course! At this time we are not able to offer travel scholarships, however.
Why are you doing this?
Because we want to get more women involved in technology.
These are our super duper and amazingly talented Django Girls IMO Coaches!
We couldn't be here without the support from amazing people and organizations who donated money, knowledge and time to help us make this a reality. If you want to contribute and support our goal, please get it touch
COVID-19 EVENT SAFETY GUIDELINES
The health and safety of our coaches and all our attendees remains our number one priority
With that in mind, we continues to monitor Government guidelines in the cities and Countries where our events are held. We have also developed formal health and safety protocols for our future events. These are updated on a continuing basis, please check back here for any updates.
Venue Safe Partnership
- We will work with our Event Venue Partners to plan and implement control safety measures. All plans will be scalable dependant on future restrictions or easing of restrictions. This is to ensure a level of certainty in this ever-changing environment.
Risk Management Plans
- we will work with our Event Venue Partners to put in place a Risk Assessment plan which will include but will not be limited to the following measures;
- Personal Safety and Hygeine
- Health and Safety Measures
- Contactless Ticketing and Registration
- Crowd Control and Queue Management
- Visitor and Contractor Communication
- Incident Management
Increased Health & Safety Measures
- Physical Distancing 1.5m
- Social distance of 1.5 metres in practice when queuing at any service counters and between each table in all working station. *will be updated in line with government policies per event
- Distance Markers throughout the venue
- A series of decals will be situated across the venue at high traffic flow areas including food and beverage serving, registration, walkways and entrance to theatres. The decals will indicate the 1.5m physical distancing recommendation.
- The signage will be a reminder to follow physical distancing measures across the event venue.
- Contactless ticketing
- We will continue to offer contactless ticketing collection at our registration areas.
- Hygiene and Cleaning
- Cleaning of the venue to a high standard of hygiene before and after each day of the event. Working with venue and partners to ensure cleanliness.
- Disinfecting frequently touched areas such as escalator handrails, elevator control panels, and door knobs several times per day
- Maintain good indoor ventilation
- Auto-sanitization dispensers will be available throughout our event spaces to encourage all participants to keep their hands clean.
- Frequency of cleaning and disinfecting restrooms will be increased across the venue.
- Proper covered receptacles for used tissue paper disposal and masks across the venue
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for protection against infectious materials including masks, disinfecting wet wipes and hand gloves are available in the organiser office.
- hand sanitation for all participants at each entrance. The organiser reserves the right to refuse entry of any participant with body temperature at 38 degree Celsius (℃) or 100.4 Fahrenheit (℉) or above. Or display unlawful or offensive behaviour
Wellbeing of our Attendees;
- Increase communication prior to and during the event around our protocols and safety measure
- If attendees have any symptoms of COVID-19 or are unwell in any way, we ask that they please follow Government advice, which is to get tested and stay home to quarantine until they are advised otherwise
- Additional signage as a reminder to follow physical distancing measures across the event venue
Django girls code of conduct
They already support The Django Girls Foundation ✨✨